Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Little Kitchen Mouse Roars.


My two basic needs are good food and laughter.

I was the kid who watched Julia Child hack up a chicken on Channel 13 on Saturday morning, then watch Dan Aykroyd's Julia Child "cut the dickens" out of her finger on Saturday Night.

My parents encouraged this. I grew up in a family of gifted cooks and gifted story tellers.

Today's post is a more or less awkward, getting to know you, what the hell am I doing kind of free for all, so I'm going to end it with a few things about me.

Three Things That Make Me Laugh, Paired With Three Comfort Foods I Love

Babies learning to walk and a cheeseburger
Robert Downey Jr. In Tropic Thunder and warm chocolate chip cookies
Dom DeLuise and mashed potatoes

I'm hoping you find my kitchen deliciously funny.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME Cindy - you're MAKIN' me SMILE!! I really want to get together with you this summer-
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog!
    your wittiness and humor is wonderful!!1
    All my very best
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindee-You have made your parents very happy. You just need to give us more credit for all of your success. Love- Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent idea! I can't wait to read more of your culinary exploits.

    In the meantime, we're making soft shell crabs and pasta on friday. I hope it works out. Fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete