Sunday, June 21, 2009

Five Minutes...Five Ingredients


Comedy and cooking make my endorphin levels rise.

When I was doing stand up, I loved the rush of creating and performing a new joke. I loved my pen. I loved my spiral joke notebook. I loved sitting in my big leather chair and writing the joke. But what I REALLY loved was telling the joke in front of a live audience. Good idea + Good timing + a two drink minimum = Comedy magic.

I get that same rush when I have an idea for a new recipe. I love shopping for the ingredients. I love chopping with my sweet Santoku or using my beloved food processor. Whisking together a great marinade. But the true rush is eating something you have just created that tastes exactly how you hoped it would. Even better? Experiencing a depth of flavor you didn't know was there.

Making strangers laugh is a beautiful thing.
Making good food for people you love is a really beautiful thing.


Five Comedians I Love Paired With Five Favorite Ingredients

George Carlin and shallots
Chris Rock and garlic
Ellen Degeneres and paprika
Dave Attell and fruity olive oil
Louis CK and kosher salt

1 comment: