Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tofu Is a Four Letter Word




If "You are what you eat!" is true, then I am the human equivalent of a cocktail party. I love wine and fun party food almost as much as I love AnonyMouse and my parents.

But...at some point one must put down the pig in a blanket and step away from the table. Pair this with a recent revelation about not being able to age in reverse, and, well, you know where this this is going.

Tofu. I decided that tofu would change my life. Tofu would open up new possibilities. Tofu would be a delightful and healthy addition to my culinary world. Tofu, I learned tonight, would also taste like a teriyaki, ginger, and garlic flavored matzoh ball. That was a very life changing moment.

In my dinner visualization I saw a plate that had a perfectly sautéed grouping of tofu, red pepper, snow peas and scallions.

Instead of delight and perfection, that extra-firm block of soybean curd was the inspiration for curse word combinations that didn't exist until I uttered them.

I will try again. I'm not giving up on it. I'm ready to make these changes and the outcome will be very good.I just need to be realistic about what I visualize as looking good vs what it will actually taste like.

Oh, did I mention the quinoa on the side? No I didn't. Because the only words that come to mind to describe my feelings about quinoa are unprintable.


Four Printable Words To Describe My Feelings About Tofu:

1. Tepid
2. Offensive
3. Foul
4. Underwhelming

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up, Cindee! Tofu loves you. I'll be your couples counselor.

    ReplyDelete